MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Maintenance Phase

I have finished painting my Cardinal’s Guard from Eureka’s 40mm musketeer range. You can see the picture below.

The completion of these miniatures means that my Gloire project is in “maintenance phase.” I think the vast majority of projects undertaken by wargamers spend their time in the “build phase.” In fact, it is often the thrill of the build that keeps people going more than the playing. Once your army is complete, however, the project enters the maintenance phase. In the maintenance phase you can use the army that you originally created or add new units in dribs and drabs.

Eureka has released a handful of new miniatures that add to the musketeer range: serving wenches, Mr. & Mrs. Bonacieux, etc. I will eventually be getting these figures but it is a good feeling to have enough figures to play a game any time you want.

I will be switching gears in painting but still working through miniatures I picked up at Fall In. Next up: 1/6000 Figurehead ships for the Battle of Tassafaronga. Pictures once the ships are complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home