MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Saturday, November 11, 2006

If you're gaming you're not blogging

Today was my day to get in some games. I really enjoyed playing in a Battle of the Boyne game in which I was one of the Irish players who managed to old off the English until the end of the game. In typical convention style, I attacked every chance I got and charged whenever possible. I'm not sure if the rules really worked for a convention game in that there were entirely too many +/- modifiers; but, it seemed to have plenty of period flavor.

A nice find for me in the dealer area was David Schmid's Terrain Clearing Stand. I picked up four which would be enough for Flames of War or I could use them for 2 on 2 dogfight games as well. These are really slick. Before saying goodbye to the dealer hall, I picked up a couple of 40mm Sash & Sabre Vignettes.

It is with a heavy heart that this well be the last blod from Fall-In. My return flight is tomorrow and the family leaves bright and early for BWI. I have a few philospohical thoughts to mull over, like what makes a good set of convention rules, that should make excellent blog topics in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home