MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Objective Achieved!

Well, it took me a couple of weeks, but my 600 pts of Germans is finally finished. As I said in my last post I was considering some revisions to the list. This was my problem. As I had originally designed my force I had nothing in it to deal with the SU-152's I knew John was working on. Not even the PZ-III's could hurt them, even when firing on the flank. This would make for a pretty dull game as my tiny force would be obliterated for no return. To make up for this, I reluctantly dropped the PZ-III's from my Order of Battle and replaced them with Priority Air Support (JU-87D's) and 1 section of 10.5 cm artillery. John already had Stukas for his air support, so I figured I would be different and got JU-88's instead. According to reading I had done they served as Dive Bombers as well as level bombers as the number of Stukas began to dwindle. Here then is my 600 pts of Germans. The miniatures are all Battlefront except the JU-88's which are from the Model Power postage stamp collection.



Yes, that's the whole thing! In the foreground we have the Company HQ. To the left is the Panzergrenadier Platoon and to the right is the Heavy Platoon (1 MG section). The whole lineup across the back is the Artillery Battery with all of its trucks, observers, and command elements. The miniatures were all block painted and then washed for shading with Kel's Magic Sauce. Personally, I really like this stuff. This was the first time I used it and was pleased to find that it was easier to use than the Minwax stain style "dip". For those of us whose painting skills are not the best, or who don't have or don't want to spend the time doing 3 or 4 steps of shading, this is a great way to improve the quality of your miniatures in very little time. Here is a closer view of the artillery.

For you armor fans, don't worry, I didn't forget about my Panzers. They will most likely make a comeback in my 1500 pt army. Here's a look at them.

The next step is to take my force to 1500 pts. I plan on finishing up the Panzergrenadiers next, then filling out the artillery to a full size battery. I'd also like to add a Tiger and some anti tank guns to the force for variety. Only time will tell where I go from here. I suspect it will have something to do with how my 600 pt force performs. I'm sure you will see something about that in this space soon.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home