MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Friday, October 13, 2006

Trying something a little new

Some time ago I wrote about my problems with 6mm figures. I’ve always liked the look of the units when finished but I feel so soiled after looking at the poor paint jobs that usually end up on the figures. Well Dan, being the evil man he is, planted the idea of doing Seven Years War in 6mm. So I figured, what the heck and I bought a Baccus 6mm Russian Army Pack.

I’ve gotten a pretty good start and I’m using a “staining” technique that I started using when I was building my Warmaster armies. With this technique you black prime the figure, drybrush it white and then block paint the colors with a slightly thinned paint. The black/white contrast will form a natural shade and highlight. So far the technique seems to be working. Time will tell if this third attempt at 6mm figures is a success. If it isn’t, I’m likely to swear off 6mm for ever more.

Before starting on the SYW figures, I finished the SU-152’s for my 600 point Soviet army.

I also finished the Tank Battalion HQ tank that represents my start on the 1,500 point army.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home