MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Project Killer

Did you ever have a situation while working on a project that stops it dead in its tracks? Well, my 600 point Russian force met with one of these project killers. As I mentioned in All About Miniatures, one of my SU-152's had a miscast track. The two SU's were the last models I needed to finish to put the cherry on top of my 600 points. The net result is that without the track my Russian project has ground to a halt. With nothing to paint I finished my Lenin park objective and you can see the result below.

The upside of a project killer is that I can spend some time painting other things: Federation Commander ships, Rezolution Shadow War CSO troopers and other odds and sods. The downside is that things that go out of sight often go out of mind. The last killer has delayed my interest in painting some Starship Trooper Exo-Suit miniatures. It took several weeks to get an arm replaced. Since then, Mongoose has announced a switch to prepainted miniatures reducing my interest to continue to almost nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home