MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Tale of Four Gamers

A few years ago Games Workshop ran a series of articles entitled “A Tale of Four Gamers” in which several GW employees were given an allowance of money spread over several months to build a Warhammer Army. I really enjoyed those articles and found them to be quite inspiring. I thought as long as I had this blog I would do the same thing with my Flames of War Soviet Army. There won’t be an allowance: I’ll be free to spend as much as my wife allows and if I can get Dan to discuss his army we will have a tale of two gamers. This tale of one (or two) gamers will chronicle the growth of the armies from the 600 point level to the full 1500 point level. Don’t worry, I’ll continue to muse on other topics of interest while I’m painting.

As I said previously, my 600 point Soviet army consisted of a Strelkovy Company ($45), a Battalion HQ ($9), and two SU-152 Assault Guns ($22) for a total of $76. Not too bad considering it is the start of a very playable army.

I spent several hours this weekend finishing the infantry stands. They just need a spray of sealer and they will be done. Hopefully I will have pictures tomorrow. I ordered my SU’s and got started on the “command” models. I could tell that I was having fun with the models because I took time to make a Commissar vignette using one of the casualty/pin markers. I also used parts of the command base from the Company Box to make another vignette but made sure it fits on the small base rather than use the bombed out building. I think I will save the building base for a later project or staff team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home