MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ready for Shadow War

The friendly UPS man dropped off my copy of Rezolution Shadow War the other day. There was a small mix up on the order and my rulebook (part of the deluxe starter set) was not shipped. It is being shipped now but for the time being I have to use the little mini rulebook that comes in the starter.

The best way for me to describe Rezolution is: Shadowrun meets Cyberpunk. You have the high tech/low life urban background as well as a type of model called “esper” which can do magic of sorts. The combat is rather straightforward: die roll + ability and models can take a number of actions. Like many games these days, stats for the troops are found on cards so you can mark off hits, etc. If I wasn’t working so hard to finish my Russians, I would have started painting the Rezolution models already.

Speaking of the Russians, they are moving along quite nicely. All I need to do is highlight the detail bits and paint the guns, boots and helmets; then they are done! You may want to know that Dan, co-host of AllAboutMiniatures, was also bitten by the 600 point Flames of War army phenomenon and has started on some Germans. Both of us have one full Flames of War army already; we are now working on an enemy for our existing armies: Russians for my Germans and Dan’s new Germans for his British.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home