MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Attention Deficit Gaming

Today was my monthly trip to the local gaming store and subsequent day of gaming with the club. I had a short list of things I wanted to buy: Rezolution, if they had it, or Puerto Rico from Rio Grande Games. I noticed that Puerto Rico was rated #1 on BoardGameGeek and thought it would be a nice Euro game my wife and I could enjoy. In the end I wasn’t able to make either purchase but I did find the Rippler Bug mega swarm for Starship Troopers and the Legions of Middle Earth supplement for Games Workshop’s Lord of the Rings game.

Club day saw us playing Descent which I mentioned in a previous blog post. This was our second playing of the game and we used some Descent Campaign rules I found at BoardgameGeek so we could keep improving our characters from game to game. Descent games do not take too terribly long so we ended the day with a Lord of the Rings scenario. I predict the club will be focused on Descent for the next few months; we tend to stay with games like this. Previously we did the Klendathu campaign from Startship Troopers and Legends of the Old West before that. Basically, some game will get into “heavy rotation” at the club for several months while other games languish.

Now, if you’ve been reading carefully you’ve noticed I mentioned many different games and that doesn’t include the games for which I’m painting figures! I’m sure many of you are like me while others can stay focused. If you can stay focused on one project, I’d love to read comments on how you do it. To try and keep playing all of my favorite games, I’m going to put a list of games I’ve played in the sidebar. The most recent game will be on top and the order will, hopefully, change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home