MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I miss my GenCon

When GenCon was held in Milwaukee, I went every year; and, being that I lived only 50 miles away and needed no hotel, why not? Well, 2002 was the last GenCon in Milwaukee and, after four years, I really miss the old girl. Yet, I never seem to be able to commit to going since traveling to GenCon would now be an actual trip. Going to GenCon these days involves hotels, meals and packing up the family for four days of daddy’s “fun.”

Given the money spent, I often think that traveling to a historical miniature based convention like Historicon would make more sense and be more enjoyable. Traveling to a convention requires planning several months (if not a year) in advance to ensure a good hotel room. The next convention I plan on attending is Fall-In which is 3 months away!

My goal for the upcoming year is to attend more conventions and develop a sort of routine. I’d like to go to one convention each season: Little Wars in spring, Historicon in summer, and so on. I don’t know if I will meet my goal; but, keep reading as I plan on doing convention reports from the conventions that I do attend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home