MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Painting Days of Summer

For some reason I have always had a hard time keeping up painting production during the summer months. I think this is because there are too many outdoor chores that need to be done and the weather is nice enough for a family outing almost every weekend. Since conventions usually recharge my "painting batteries" (so to speak), Gen Con falls at the perfect time of the year. When the convention moved away from Wisconsin, however, I lost a lot of my inspiration.

I think archeologists could date projects on my painting area like sedimentary rock: the ones farthest from the front are the oldest! Just the other day I was looking at some of my unfinished projects:

  • I’ve started painting a 25mm Post-Mongol Russian DBA army from Molniya Miniatures

  • Before that I was working on a Langton 1:1200 scale frigate to fight the USS Constitution I’ve already finished. Unfortunately, once I get to the rigging, it’s like hitting a brick wall.

  • After Little Wars last March I came home with Corvus Belli Early Imperial Roman and Hundred Years War English DBA armies. Four elements of the Romans are nearly done; the rest are still in their boxes.

  • Taking up the most space on the painting area are some Old Glory 10mm New Kingdom Egyptians for Warmaster Ancients.

Now I know I’m not alone, just take a look at this desk and there are lots of others out there just like it; maybe even yours! If you have managed to stay on track, or know of good techniques for staying focused on painting during the summer, please feel free to comment. In the meantime, here is a picture of some of my work to prove that there really are times when I do paint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home