MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Silly Games

Some miniature games might be silly but that shouldn’t detract from their value in the hobby. Ebob Miniatures made a recent product announcement on The Miniatures Page for miniatures and rules that simulate a game of paintball. Some found the game not to their liking but I thought the concept so refreshing I bought two teams. I’m not sure I like their rules but that just gives me the opportunity to write my own.

There are quite a few games that don’t take themselves too seriously: Battle Cattle comes to mind. The game has an odd premise, strapping weapons and armor onto bovines, and even miniatures. I wonder; can you put a grenade launcher on an Angus steer? Another game, and I actually have miniatures for this, is Fairy Meat which is billed as using “actual sized miniatures” because the fairy miniatures are supposedly life sized and battle in and around whatever environment you have. The last game like this I can think of that I think everyone has (or at least has had) “miniatures” for this is Fuzzy Heroes for combat between stuffed animals. As a note for future Fuzzy Generals learned after long hours of study of the “construction” rules: unless the rules have changed the game is optimized for a 4” brown bear.

Sometimes it’s good not to take your gaming too seriously and have some fun. As for me, I can’t wait to paint my two paintball teams and have a go. Does anyone know how to paint splats? Comments appreciated.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Team Frog games!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home