MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Monday, September 18, 2006

Reporting For Duty

Greetings everyone! My name is Dan (aka The Lieutenant), and the General has invited me to be a guest Blogger here for a while as we work on a Flames of War project together. Those of you who have listened to our podcast AllAboutMiniatures have already heard me and will learn more about both of us in the next episode.

As the General has previously described we were both inspired by an article in White Dwarf called a tale of four gamers to chronicle the construction of a new army to go with the new edition of Flames of War. No doubt you've all been reading about the progress he has made on his 600 pt Russian army. Now I will begin the tale of my 600 pts of Germans.

I don't have an exact order of battle yet. I prefer to keep things a little more open to change than John does when building an army. In short I don't like to play exactly the same force twice. Looking at the Flames of war list I decided I would base my force off of a German Grenadier platoon. This gives me a good selection of infantry with good armor support to boot. For starters I took the obligatory Company HQ. This will be followed with a Machine Gun Platoon and a platoon of 3 Pzkfw III's. The remainder of the points will be spent on the biggest infantry company I can afford with the possibility of adding either the mortar section and or the puppchen options. What I select will be based on scenario.

In order to implement this plan I ordered the following items:

1 Grenadierkompanie Box $45.00 (includes 2 platoons, 1 Co HQ and all options)
1 Machinegun Platoon $9.00 (includes 2 MG sections and command)
3 Panzer III J $27.00 ( $9.00 ea)
total $81.00

These were all ordered from Neal at The War Store, so I saved 10% getting all I needed and then some for $72.90.

I spent one night cleaning and prepping all the infantry. The next day they were primed. I hope to start painting this evening, but had to take a day off to watch football while reading the Rezolution rules. Hopefully once they are finished I can get John to take a couple pictures to post here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home