MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Three weeks till Fall-In

As of today, it is three weeks until Fall-In. I’m excited for any number of reasons: it’s a vacation and time away from work, it’s a wargaming convention which is awesome, it’s a chance to see Gettysburg again, and it’s been around 10 years since I last attended an HMGS East convention.

I’ve already pre-registered and I am signed up for a Seven Years War game and a Battle of the Boyne game. I would have liked to take part in the 25mm DBA tournament with my Perry Normans but I didn’t think they would survive the airplane trip if you know what I mean. I’ve already begun to plan the purchases. On my “must buy” list are the Trident 40mm Robin Hood figures. I also plan on picking up more Baccus 6mm SYW figures.

Speaking of painting 6mm SYW, it looks like my third attempt at painting 6mm figures has met my satisfaction. I don’t know if it is the uniform or if I just needed to take another run at it. Rules are still up in the air with Age of Reason on the short list. I’m going to be basing the figures on 40mmx20mm bases over the next couple of days and should have pictures shortly. The 40x20 basing remains compatible with 25mm Age of Reason and I suppose I could always write Seven Years Warmaster once I get familiar enough with the period.

AllAboutMiniatures Co-Host Dan (aka The Lieutenant) had been even more evil lately. Not only did he push me to try the 6mm SYW figures but he also got me a Baccus War of the Roses army for my birthday and I plan on basing them for 25mm DBA. I think there will be a lot of 6mm painting in the future.

1 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger The Lieutenant said...

Me, Evil? Never! To let all the dear readers know the truth; all I said was that I had been looking at the Baccus site and thought 6mm would be a good way to try a new period. I was thinking about SYW. The next time I spoke with our esteemed General he was flushed with shoppers joy at having just ordered a Russian army. Yeah, it was a real hard push.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home