MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Monday, November 27, 2006

Flames of War 600 Point Games

As long as Dan and I were getting together to record All About Miniatures Episode 4, we decided to give our 600 point Flames of War armies a try. We played a Breakthrough scenario on a 4’ x 4’ table. Luckily for Dan, he was defender and his six stands had to hold off my Russian horde.

We both had some reservations regarding the 600 point games; could they be fun given the low number of tactical units? Well, having played such a game, I can safely say that the games are indeed fun. I wouldn’t want to play only 600 point games; but, they are perfect for inspiring you to see the rest of the army through to completion.

I am currently painting the Cardinal’s Guard to be the opposition to my Three Musketeers and pictures should be coming on a day or so. I also decided that the only way I would ever get a Warmaster Ancients army finished would be to have them painted; so, I sent 1,000 points of Alexandrian Macedonians to Fernando Enterprises to be painted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home