MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Monday, December 18, 2006

The Future Has Arrived

As I’ve said before, I think prepainted miniatures have the potential of transforming the hobby. Wanting to fully embrace change, not to mention use it as an excuse to buy more stuff, my preordered copy of Rackham’s AT-43 arrived today. I must say, I am very impressed with the miniatures. For less than the cost of unpainted Games Workshop or Reaper miniatures, you get 19 miniatures with paint jobs that are at least as good, and I would say a little better, than using "the dip"

As you can see from the pictures below, the game comes with two teams of human sized models. Each team in the faction has a heavy weapon trooper so you get two heavy weapon models per side.


Also in the box are two combat walkers. As you can see from the picture below, the human walker is about the size of a Games Workshop dreadnought. Funny that, for $80 retail, I can buy the AT-43 game that comes with two combat walkers (and 17 foot models) OR two dreadnoughts that I would then need to paint and assemble.

So the miniatures are good. Next time, we take a look at the rules.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wanting to fully embrace change, not to mention use it as an excuse to buy more stuff..."

Dude I love this line! I think I'm going to use it with my wife...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home