MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Secret Revealed

Today is the revelation of my secret project. Here is a picture of it in all its glory.

For those who don't recognize the miniatures, they are Tyranids from Warhammer 40,000. The army is 400 points and is designed for Patrol Clash games. I used the army in a game Dan and I played for the podcast; and, as far as I can remember, the game was first time I have played 40K since "the Outrider incident."

I can't quite explain why I painted them. I guess the main reason was that I was waiting for Dark Age figures to arrive and looked in the closet at my year old Battle for Macragge game. One thing led to another and I painted the Termagants, then the Genestealers, and then I started to release that if I added a Tyranid Warrior box and Gaunt box I could have an army.

Why keep the project secret? For one thing, I own a painted Tyranid army so this is essentially repainting something I already own! Adding to the insanity is the fact that the old army is for sale while these new Tyranids are not. Another reason to keep the project secret is my professed hatred of Games Workshop. After all, I did give them money with my purchase of the two boxes. Will I expand this army past 400 points? Maybe, maybe not: that's the advantage appearing insane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home