MiniatureGeneral

Musings of one man whose hobby happens to be miniature wargames

Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Secret Project

About a decade ago, our club was heavy into Micro-Armor and 20mm WWII. In fact, I had both scales and was a champion of both. Then I saw some 15mm WWII and thought how it had so much more eye candy than Micro-Armor. At this time 10mm hadn't really become popular yet and so if you wanted something bigger than Micro-Armor, 15mm was the next scale up. Realizing that the club would beat be up, possibly even physically, for starting ANOTHER SCALE I began my journey into 15mm solo. This meant that I would have to paint both sides in order to have a game to play so for four months I painted nothing but 15mm WWII and told no one. Needless to say, to the club it appeared I had stopped painting and so I eventually needed to admit that I was working on a "secret project".

Thus, the Secret Project was born. As interesting benefit of having a secret project is that is increases excitement around building the army which is always helpful to see you though to the end of the project. For the past two weeks I've been painting figures for another secret project. The results of my labor can be seen below.

What's that? You can't see it? Of course you can't! If you saw it, it wouldn't be secret anymore now would it? All I will say is that this is one unit of five total in the project. Stay tuned for more secret project updates.

2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like some individually based 25mm figures with spears?

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger The General said...

No Spears. Good guess tho!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home